Join Us at Tent City 2018!
Here are 10 Ways to Matter This Fall
Please join us to continue to show the world how our community comes together each year for Tent City!
1. Sign up to Volunteer as a guide, part of a setup or tear-down crew, a meal server, guest or volunteer registration, donation tent and more at Tent City. This hands-on service can change lives: Yours and theirs.
2. Donate food or sponsor a meal for the hundreds who come down to break bread at Tent City. Then join us to break bread.
3. Conduct a targeted clothing drive for men’s and women’s warm winter clothing, jeans, sweat shirts, hygiene items or backpacks. We ALWAYS have a shortage of larger sizes as well as men’s jeans.
4. Help sponsor the Critical Documents (Birth Certificates and IDs) – perhaps the item in highest demand. Without them, people cannot get a job, services, even food or shelter. Last year we were quite limited in capacity. To meet the need this year, we need to raise about $3,500 to buy the birth certificates and IDs for our guests. To help, just select “TC Critical Documents” from the drop down menu on the Sponsorship page.
5. Create a prayer vigil at your church or life group leading up to and during Tent City weekend. Lives are changed!
7. Join the Veterans Matter Walk to End Veteran Homelessness. This walk kicks off Tent City and raises money for our Veterans Matter program to house homeless veterans.
8. Help get the word out! Embed the videos on your business, school or church website, Facebook, Twitter and more. Invite Ken or a speaker from the 1Matters Speakers Bureau to help your church, volunteers or group understand the plight of the unhoused, the complexity of living on the streets and what you can expect at Tent City.
9. Bring your student group, church group or life group down to spend the night in order to teach them the harder life lessons only discomfort can teach.
10. Just come down Friday or Saturday night and enjoy the incredible music Pat Lewandowski puts together each year. (We note Pat is the only other person besides the founder who has been to every single day of every single Tent City since 1990!)
We welcome ANY ideas you and/or your group have to matter this year to those who matter. Just tell us. If you have questions or need more info, email us at info at 1matters dot com or just give us a call. We hope to see you there!